How To Register Your Vehicle
A person may apply for registration or renewal of registration of a motor vehicle using this form Form 7. A public motor vehicle private hire car or taxi must be registered as such as well as having a licence to operate. An application for first registration of a motor vehicle must:
- Provide the full name of the owner.
- Provide the full address of the owner’s place of residence or place of business within Papua New Guinea.
- Provide the full postal address within Papua New Guinea of the owner (if different from the address given above).
- Provide the date of birth of the owner.
- The above should be accompanied by:
(i) Such information documents and evidence related to the motor vehicle or the owner (including evidence of identity such as a driver’s license or passport) as may be required.
(ii) A certificate of roadworthiness for the motor vehicle issued within 30 days immediately before the date of the application.
(iii) Evidence of current third party insurance for the motor vehicle and
Upon registering a motor vehicle the registration authority (MVIL or Provincial Traffic Authority) will issue to the owner:
- A certificate of registration.
- A registration label.
- A number plate (for motorcycles) or a set of number plates.